Friday, July 16, 2010

Gone to Glory

My father passed away this afternoon. My sister was with him. They made him comfortable. We've had some wonderful people minister to us already!! This morning, out of the blue, because she's been reading my stuff, Sandy Caldwell of Baptist Fellowship called and asked if it would be alright if she brought two of her children to help with the Tag Sale and to help with Lew and Audrey. I COULD NOT have done it without them! They were wonderful. She even notified the church when Dad passed away, so I didn't have to do a whole lot. I only called family and someone to take away the hospital bed, which they didn't yet (I'll call again tomorrow). Her and her boys then helped us load Beep's truck to take the remainder of the items to Goodwill. She was looking to sell her Explorer, so if the woman doesn't buy it tonight, and it's still for sale, one of you should buy it. It would take a load off their hands. She was such good company. Her boys were such good company too! They were so funny! Very witty children, so I appreciated them being around.


Mrs. Keiper, my friend from growing up, Megan's mom, came on her way back from Syracuse (she was there like a week!) and brought us dinner for tonight. It was the PERFECT dinner!! It was a cold pasta salad that was perfect on a HOT HOT day! It was pasta, zucchini, tomatoes, mozzarella, carrots, peppers, onions and chicken. Then you put this fresh bread pieces on top of it and put this lite dressing over it all - WONDERFUL!! It hit the spot!

I praise God for people like that - and the many others who stopped by out of the blue with their purest of heart sentiments: cousin, Angie Miller and her youngest son, Mr. and Mrs. Frame, Mrs. Preuss and Beep (of course!!). Please forgive me if I don't recall your visit, I can't remember too much right now.

Well, the Tag Sale is over, which is awesome. Beep and I brought the books to a book drop at the elementary school in Bolton. Done and done!! We made $750.55 over the last two days. We were open until about 2PM today.

Please pray for my mother. I'm so happy for my father because I know he's in Heaven and he's so excited to see everyone and God's going to show him how much of an impact he had on the people around him - even around the world with various mission trips and with us getting a son in South Korea. His legacy will live on and on. At times I am sad. I am sure it will hit me very soon here. Todd comes tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. He gets here at around noon. I will be glad to see him! We can't wait!!

Thank you all for your prayers
Erica

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Erica, it was a blessing to be able to help. You are too funny with your comments about our Explorer! I did call the woman back and she's made an appointment for the local Ford dealer to check over the vehicle on Tuesday. I know it will sell in God's timing, so I'm not going to stress out over it. Please keep us posted on whatever funeral or memorial services are planned, okay? If at all possible I will be there and will help any way I can.