Well yesterday stunk, plain and simple. BUT I kind of just felt like it was the Devil taking hold of the situation and manipulating my father and my family. There was an inexplicable darkness that has been here ever since I got here. It's hard to explain. My Dad hadn't been himself, which is totally understandable, but there was a little something more to it. And yesterday was just awful and he was terrible. I thought I'd be informing you all that he had passed away last night. I just felt like there was this shadow over him that wasn't going away. So I just stopped my car and prayed in Jesus' name that anything evil or demonic would be cast far away from Dad. I mentioned this in an email to a friend and said to her,
"I want him at peace and looking forward to Heaven. I think the Devil's got him snared at this moment and I just want these last few days or whatever - however long, to be filled with an almost tangible sense of God's grace and love and peace. God can do it, I know He can, but I felt like the Devil was trying to screw things up when I got here. I believe now, that's what the situation with Audrey was all about. I've grown closer to God in these last few weeks and so has Audrey, I believe. And I think the Devil tried to thwart the amazing things God was doing and was overcome with one tactic, and so he's going after my Dad right now and that makes me angry. So I prayed that Satan and his minions would be bound from that hospital - especially Dad's room and from our home."
My friend responded and said that she would also be praying. She gave me a verse and said,
"2 Cor. 12:10 "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
In the power of Jesus' name, Satan and his minions be cast away from your dad and your family."
Our prayers for Satan to be cast away were answered!! Seriously, it's like a cloud has been lifted off the house. I can't even explain it fully! Amazing how God works through two friends praying 800 miles away! Amazing! My Dad is even making full sentences today and not crying, but making jokes! My mother said, "I wouldn't have given a nickle for your father yesterday," not being mean, just meaning he was so bad off. He made a liar out of us! We are still getting hospice and we are still not going to call the ambulance again, but we are going into it with hearts lifted.
I walked into the room and my father was literally a different person. Someone I haven't seen since before Easter. There was no darkness, there was no struggle for a decent conversation. There was no depression. Again, can't explain it other than the power of Jesus' name. I thought he was going to die last night, but today, he was making jokes! My mom and sister went to see him and he had just walked with the physical therapist. He couldn't even lift his hand yesterday. It was like he had cement on his limbs. I had even told the attorney that he might not be able to sign his name to his will, so to be prepared, but he totally proved me wrong. Stubborn son of a gun.
He refuses to be taken from the hospital back home via ambulance, but will be picked up and will walk up the stairs. My mom and sister said, "Well, you've fallen three times in the last few weeks, you might want to reconsider that." Quick as a wink he said, "Oh, I blame those on Erica." They laughed so hard and couldn't WAIT to tell me when they got home! I get to bring him his smoothie tomorrow and he's going to hear it from me. One of the falls I was in the bathroom! I told my Mom to tell him he had better be laying down when I get there tomorrow morning!
I snuck Audrey and Lew up to see him today and he asked how I got them in there and I said, "I didn't ask, I just did it." He laughed and said, "That's my girl!" Giddy might describe his temperament. Perhaps they gave him something and if they did, can we get some to take home with us???? Can I have some?? Thanks for the prayers from everyone! My aunt was so sweet and even dedicated her Rosary group prayers to my father and concentrated on him and prayed for him during that time. It was very beautiful and thoughtful of her and it's amazing how God hears our prayers! I'm convinced that all of you who had prayed yesterday and Today had something to do with the change over here. Again, so difficult to explain. The outcome hasn't changed, but the atmosphere sure has! We can breathe again and not because my Dad seems to be "doing better," but because the weight isn't there anymore! It makes me wonder if God was waiting for someone to pray about peace and protection from Satan just so He could show his power over the situation and although it doesn't change the outcome, it changes the overall experience, and I wonder if that's what God wanted all along.
I don't care if my Dad's dying, I just want him to be at peace and enjoy the days he has left which is what he seems like he's doing right now. He knows about hospice and he knows that we're not giving up on him, it will just be easier to handle everything and we can focus more on his comfort than anything else. I praise Jesus for getting rid of Satan and his cronies because seriously, I think that is what it was and I think it worked. We just need to keep Satan away. Praise God for Jesus and the strong name He has!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment