Sunday, December 6, 2009

Taxi Drivers, Korean TV and H1N1 From the Devil Apparently
















Love this sign from the Children's Museum we went to today. Then Audrey proceeded to go head first into the balls and come up happier than a clam. I, however, kept invisioning the "Important Notice about H1N1 flu" with a picture of the devil next to it.
Audrey LOVES everything Korean. She loves just watching the TV listening to the language. I can't tell you how many pieces of candy she's gotten from total strangers. One guy gave Todd and I both a piece, but I think it was because of our bad breath from the food we ate the night before.

Every time we get into a taxi, she tells Todd and I to be quiet so she can listen to the Korean music on the radio. There was a talk radio show on today and she said, "Mom, isn't this so interesting?!" I said, "I'm sure the taxi driver thinks it is."

That's all I'll write about today. I think Todd and I would both rather forget about it. It was one of those days where nothing you did was right. Sundays are hard to gauge here with what's open and what's not. We're up so early, that nothing really got moving until around lunch time. Plus Todd was excited to look up football lineups and whatnot, but forgot it was only Saturday back home. That started his day off on the wrong foot. I had to pack up and travel to our third hotel in less than three days (Todd had forgotten to tell me we were changing hotels until AFTER I unpacked everything and had everything all set up nicely in drawers - gotta love him!!). Our new hotel doesn't have drawers.

Things started getting better when we saw a Dunkin' Donuts. No one has decaf coffee here. Well, I'm sure they do, but the Starbucks we went to, the Dunkin' Donuts we went to, and our hotels (plural), have not. There is an entire coffee and tea section here that is pretty sweet. We walked around there a while today. That was nice. BUT, the ladies at the Dunkin' Donuts posed in a picture with me - it was great! They wear the coolest orange hats!
THIS JUST IN: Todd came back from a walk and said that there is a 4 story Dunkin' Donuts at this place, so we're off to go! I'm about to fall over asleep, but we're going anyway.

No comments: