The foster parents have never had a baby as long as they have had Lewis. When I asked the foster mother what she'll remember the most about him, she said that whenever she went out, he got a lot of attention because he's so cute. People always commented on how handsome he is and she felt very proud of that. I was thinking, "Greeaat, another one." Apparently he's got really good skin. I'm not quite sure of the implications of that, but that's what the case worker told me.
Anyway, back to Lewis. He eats 7 oz every 4 hours and is on Gerber baby food (score!!!). He takes an hour nap in the morning and two naps in the afternoon consisting of one hour each. He sleeps from 10 to 7:30 or 8 and wakes up for one feeding (sometimes 2) in the middle of the night. He also is used to sleeping right next to his foster mother. He cries in his sleep and she just pats his back to get him to go back to sleep. I know some of you are laughing at what I'm going to have to go through for a while. A pack and play is a good transition. We can start out in our room and gradually/quickly move out and away. :) He really is cute, though. Seriously, wow.
Anything else....oh yeah, the first birthday is apparently a huge deal in Korea. They have special outfits. His foster mother gave me an outfit. It's a little girly (pink pants), but it was so sweet and yes, he'll wear it for his 1st birthday, and yes, we're going to make a big deal out of it. I'm trying to convince Todd to let me put him in it for his baptism, but Todd's not into it. I'm trying to rally you troops to tell him your opinion. Thank you for prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for him. Lewis is such a sweet baby from what I can tell and from what they tell me, he's going to have a really rough time being separated from his "umma" (mom in Korean).
2 comments:
Congratulations Todd, Erica and Audrey!! Enjoying the posts and pictures, can't wait to meet him! Hope the flight home goes well :)
I can't believe I just saw a picture of you all together!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear! I can't wait to see Lewis when you get home! We miss you!!!
Post a Comment