Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last Day in Korea

Lewis did great last night! Thank you for all the prayers!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep it up!!! Please also pray that I don't get motion sick on the way back. I did on the way to Korea and it was awful. I thought I was a goner, and had to take inventory of the barf bags. Anyway, back to Lewis...he didn't wake up until 6 AM! He had a bottle and we played a little and then I put him back to bed and had to wake him up at 8:30. Poor guy was probably so emotionally exhausted. I get that way :)

He ate very well for us again today, which I'm told is a good sign. It was hard to get much done being the only one to take care of him. He's beginning to recognize that I'm the one who cares for him because he'll cry and crawl up to me to be held. How could I not?! Audrey, again is a HUGE help. She plays with him when I need to get something done and she actually likes it. She gets his diapers, or clothes or wipes for me. She's just so helpful. She even informed me when he peed on the towel before his bath time when I didn't know it. Nice of her to point it out. I gave him his first bath today (no pictures on the blog, so you'll have to come over), and before I could get him in the tub, he peed on the bathmat. Audrey folded it up and stuck it under the sink for the cleaning lady whom we adore!


Well, our trip has finally come to an end. It is sad to see. While we are anxious to get home and get into a routine (feed, wake, sleep, Baby!!), we love the people and the food so much here that it's hard to go. We've made some friends with the people at the hotel. One is our cleaning lady. She speaks the most English and is the most animated person I know. She's awesome. We've also been totally enjoying the hotel breakfast buffets that keep us from eating lunch they're so big. Who knew cold bean sprouts could taste so good! I love them - Todd hates them. I like the cold beef, but would rather it be hot.

We ate at yet another authentic Korean restaurant, but this one, we actually ate while sitting on the floor. Good times. Sorry it's a little blurry. They made the food right at our table. We were a little bit of a hike from our hotel, and we're not used to being parents of an infant again, and we're Todd and Erica, so naturally we forgot the diaper bag. Lewis poops once a day and guess when he decided to go. Yup, right during dinner. Todd ran back to get the diaper bag and then I changed them. The Korean women serving us commented on how fast he was at getting back. Anyone else snickering?

Lewis eats everything, according to his foster mom. I'm still a little nervous about giving him food I know Audrey didn't have until she was older. But the ladies cooking and serving us gave him rice and the broth made from the beef on the skillet. I figured if they gave it to me, it was ok.

We also went to "The Alter of Heaven," today. Apparently only the emperors could make sacrifices to Buddha, so the last king declared himself emperor so he could make sacrifices. Not sure how much of that is true, but it was a pretty place and quiet. Again I was the baby wearer!! Seeing Todd try to fit through the tiny door that I barely cleared was too funny!




















Lastly, here are a few of our first pictures of us as a family. The first one was in our favorite store. The guy gave us good deals and we found ourselves going back there. The staff at the hotel took the other one for us by the waterfall sign in their hotel. Maybe next time, I won't have to hold Lewis because he was so stinkin' heavy.

No comments: