Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Where Dad's At
Well, Dad is in the hospital yet again. He went in this morning after a sleepless night of coughing. His pneumonia has returned. I'll know more later as his heart doctor hasn't visited the hospital yet. My mother asked me this morning if I could help get him to the doctor's as she called the doctor to have my dad seen, and I said I could. A few minutes later as I was just about to fix the carseat situation, she came out of the room and said that he needed an ambulance because she didn't think we could get him to the car and then into the office because he was so weak. My Dad had been doing well. He had been walking and doing his exercises and eating, but the last few nights he hasn't slept because he has been coughing. Yesterday he was very weak. The day before he was also weak but we went for a drive to get strawberries and rhubarb. We went to three or four different farms to get rhubarb and then got lost. It was a classic outing for the two of us. I did manage to find three measely stalks of rhubarb to make my Mom a strawberry rhubarb pie. That's her favorite. I'm waiting on a call from her to go pick her up at the hospital, as the recently admitted my Dad. Hmmm...4:30 already, I should probably go and call her seeing how the children are all up. They've given my Dad several breathing treatments but apparently his oxygen level was very low when he was admitted. That's the latest. I'll write more when I know more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment