Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Since you've been gone......good song.

Well, we've managed to make ourselves quite at home here in CT. There has been lots to do, and I've had a blast being able to do it and to help out my family. It's funny because my Dad is worried about my Mom, and my Mom is worried about my Dad, so I get directions from each of them sometimes secretly on how to help the other. In this picture, my grandfather (Beep) and I are fixing the railroad ties. We had to drive long rebar things into 2-3 ties. Some didn't go in so easy, so I had to use a sledge hammer. Beep's advice to me, "It will go in every time you hit it." The opperative words were "hit it." Beep used to set me up with a block of wood, a hammer and some nails he had started. He taught me how to hammer something. I had to hammer in the nails, pull them out straight, and hammer them in again. It kept me busy for hours, which amuses Todd.



This is Lew throwing a temper tantrum. I'm not sure what he was mad at, but he was angry. He has stopped flinging his head forward because he's hit his head too many times on concrete, and because he has dunked his face into the bath water and come up not amused.











This is Lew eating his toe while we watched Toy Story. Audrey was snuggled up next to Grammy who had made delicious popcorn.















This is Audrey using the blankets I found in the attic and her suitcase on the floor as a makeshift bed for rest time.






Next time I'll show you some of how we "helped." I say it in quotes because I'm just not sure some things have been all that helpful. Like I trimmed the butterfly bush and did exactly what my Dad said to do, but I think I butchered it. It looks kind of foolish. Audrey helps each morning with Dad's vitals. She also holds up his sleeve so my Mom can give my Dad his insulin shot. I figured I'd warn you, so those of you who are squeemish will know it will be the first picture, so scroll down on the next post until you get to the next picture. Thank you for your prayers! Dad is doing well. He walked the fastest he's walked since I've been here this morning. Ok it's 10:30, I should call Toddy to see how his softball game went!

No comments: