Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NEW SPIN - SITLL JAMES 1:27 RELATED

James 1:27 has two points to it: to care for 1)ORPHANS and 2)WIDOWS in "their time of need." Well, that's what I'm going to do this summer. My mother is not a widow yet, so that's wonderful, but it is clear that my father is being ushered into the presence of his Savior, however quickly or slowly God wants. It could be a while, it could be tomorrow. We just don't know. For this reason, my wonderful husband suggested I go help out my family this summer. I will be in CT and hopefully connecting with you through this blog. When we picked the James 1:27 theme, we really only did it for the orphan aspect, but now it has taken a new turn. While it is a sad turn, God has been gracious and has given me a hope and a peace I didn't know was possible when your father - who by the way, took me in when I was 18 months old - is dying. Ironically, I always used to pray when I was little that God wouldn't take my parents until I was 30 because I figured that it was so far away that I could handle it when I was 30. I seriously remember praying that and trying to think of the oldest thing I could think of that would still be logical (to a 7 year old). Well, I'm 30 now and wished I had prayed for something a little older :) Anyway, God is good, even in this valley. I've posted several songs that have spoken to me over the past few days, I hope they minister to you as well...They follow this post...If, however, you cannot find them, scroll down and on the left hand side will be a list of posts in June. Click on any one of them, and that particular song will come up and then you can play it by clicking on the picture. There's probably abotu 4 or 5 songs.

No comments: