Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Like Father...Like Daughter
Audrey was in the bath yesterday. I am one of those anal parents who is constantly in the bathroom with their child as they are bathing because they could drown. I like it much more when she showers, so I can go about my business, but I shouldn't complain because it affords me reading time. Yesterday, however, I was on the phone. I went to go hang the phone up and I heard, "Help!" coming from the bathroom. I panic and run in there and notice that her face is bloody. I tried to calmly ask her why her face was bloody. I asked her where she was bleeding from, and she held up the (old and rusty) razor. She probably saw the panic in my eyes as I'm thinking she sliced off the tip of her tongue, or will have to have reconstructive surgery of some sort, so she started to cry and try to get out of the tub to see her face. I explained that she did not want to see her face right now, but that I would show her in a minute. It's hard to keep a slippery, soapy 4 year old panic-stricken in the tub when blood is dripping down her face. I figured out, in between sobs that she was trying to "shave her face like Daddy." Thankfully, she only got a few marks on her upper lip area, and only nicked her actual lip a little. It could have been SO much worse. After I realized that the damage was not as bad as the blood would have had me believe, I relented and let her see herself in the mirror. BIG mistake - huge. I think my ear is still ringing from the crying. The blood tipped her over the edge (as it had previously done to me). She looks like she has tiny railroad tracks between her lip and her nose. Thankfully she is all up to date on her vaccinations that she isn't in any danger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment