Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun Rumblings

So as my biological mother's loving husband pointed out, "You're a Miller. You open your mouth and things just kind of explode." It was all in jest, of course which was hilarious because it is true. Let me just tell you about the stuff coming out of my mouth:

I sent out some fliers indicating that I was interested in teaching some of Audrey's friends at church, self-defense. It all started when I was so outraged at the cost of self-defense classes for little kids! CRAZY!! It would have cost over $500 for a whole year for only 1/2 hour a week! Insane. So I decided to teach my daughter myself, and figured it would be fun for her to have some friends along to do it. The response has been overwhelming in a good way. People really seem interested, which is great because I have a passion for it as well. I have seven 3-6 year olds coming to my house on Friday afternoons for 1/2 hour. This all raises money for our adoption because it is a suggested donation of $5-10 dollars a session.

Then I had a neighbor inquire about teaching her two children who were a little older, and I was thrilled to tell her that I wouldn't mind doing that. That will be on Wednesdays most likely. I sent out a lot of information to the parents to indicate what I would be teaching, so as to make sure it was truly what they wanted for their families.

THEN I had a friend ask me about her 8th grade daughter, and I thought, yeah, that makes sense. They would need it too! So I said yes to that, and that is most likely going to be Tuesday evenings. We're going to try it out to see how it will go, and to see if the kids are interested in it.

Lastly, I had a friend tell me I should consider teaching a small class like that at Calvin College. I've been thinking about that, and praying about it, so we'll see where that leads!

I don't know, but it seems that God has made something bigger out of a small idea. He often does that with me. Does He do that with anyone else?

No comments: