Friday, October 3, 2008

Week From Hades

For those of you who don't know, Audrey is in preschool 3Xs a week. It is a Spanish immersion school. Every month, your child is star of the day. That is a glorified way of saying, "Mom, you have to come in and help with the class, oh and by the way, bring the snacks and drinks while you're at it. Also, if you don't know Spanish, you really need to keep quiet, or use gestures." Yes, they really told the parents to keep as quiet as possible if they don't know Spanish, which I am grateful, but fortunately for me, I know Spanish. Anyway, Audrey was "blessed" enough to be star of the day the first day of school. The FIRST day. Talk about stressful. Then I had to go this past week as well and guess what - it was PICTURE day. What the heck? What will it be next month? Some sort of field trip or some crazy thing! Picture Day - are they trying to make me go insane? So I was the one behind the camera man trying to make the kids laugh because the teachers were in the class picture, of course. Then the camera man made one of the twins cry. You're a school photographer who deals with kids for a living, you'd think that you'd learn a thing or two about NOT making kids cry!

To top my week off, yesterday, Audrey cut 5 inches off her hair right by her ear. She's never had so much as a trim! I was traumatized, but tried not to show it. Every kid cuts their hair - as far as I know, only once. Her safety scissors were tucked nicely in their spot in her backpack, and I forgot to take them out. So I had to run to my friend's salon and have her fix it. I have to say, my friend did a FANTASTIC job. It looks so cute! She totally put me at ease and walked me through Audrey's first hair cut. It was awesome. I'll put pictures up soon...

3 comments:

Leticia said...

Hi dear! Sorry that week was so terrible! But at least Audrey's haircut does really look good :) Glad we got to have some adult time at Tim & Lisa's!

Have a fantastic day! See you Friday!

Anonymous said...

It was great to catch up with you on your blog. I was just asking Jenn how you were doing and what was new with you! What school is Audrey in? I'm looking for something with spanish immersion for Natalie for next year.
Torie Haveman

ReubenRachel said...

Erica,
Where are the pics of the new haircut? I am sure it is totally cute - and way to go with the self-defense classes. That is really sweet. I would take them with my daughter as well if I lived near you!