Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Raising Money

So Todd and I have been brainstorming about how to raise money for this adoption. If you have any creative ideas, we would love to have them! We're into the unusual ideas. For example, we are going to start selling stuff on ebay. If you have any old junk you want to get rid of, send it our way, if you're not interested in selling it yourself and keeping the money. It's crazy how much junk people buy on ebay! I guess, look who's talking, I bought "Green Ghost" on ebay (2 of them, mind you). We also plan to have a garage sale (and the junk that doesn't sell? EBAY!!!).

I'm also going to draw pictures for people to raise money. I don't do people and I don't do animals, but inanimate objects are a possibility. I drew a horse once, but I'm convinced that it was a fluke that it turned out. I like to draw houses or scenes that have some significance to someone. For example, I drew the house Todd's grandmother grew up in, in the Netherlands. I just had so much fun drawing it! I also drew Westminister Abby for a friend. That was rough because it was a strange photograph, but also very fun and challenging. So, if you have something you think you might like to have drawn, or painted, send that our way as well, and I'll see what I can do. No guarantees, but I'll try my best, and you can pay us what you feel is necessary (above the expenses, of course).

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm willing to clean your house if you need it (everything but spiders). I'm a germ freak, so be assured that it will be antibacterialized when I'm done. While I'm not interested in a weekly profession of cleaning, I'd love to help you out if you have people coming over you want to impress (like in-laws and church folk). Is your garage too big to tackle on your own, and you want some company? I'd love to come over and help - it's always more fun with another person. I'll bring coffee! Let me know if we can help each other out in any way.

Like I said, we're looking for creative ways to raise money, so if you have any additional ideas, we'd love to hear them!!
Thanks!
Erica

1 comment:

The McMillen's said...

I don't know how "creative" this is , but I thought of having a raffle. It seems easy enough to manage. Find 20 people who commit to selling 20 raffle tickets for $5. That's $2000. Ask for an item to be donated or purchase a $100 to $200 item to raffle off. Just an idea.

www.koreanadoptionadventure.blogspot.com