Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fundraising Ideas

I've gotten some great ideas, so I'll list them - let me know if you're interested in any one of these:

* Sign up for Google's Usability Study. Apparently, you sign up at google.com/usability and fill out a small survey. If they choose you, you typically get $75 for about an hour of work.


* Taking care of sick kids. You can't stay home from work because you have a deadline, but the daycare won't take your sick kid. Bring him/her on over - barring anything truly gross. I don't do vomit.

* Renting out my relatively large fenced in back yard for kiddie parties (so long as Audrey is invited - nothing like bribing for friendship). We have finger sprinklers that are kind of fun to run in. Someone mentioned we could put together package deals for those moms who want nothing to do with planning a kiddie party. I don't blame them. I could charge for the provisions of the favors, decorations, cake...etc, whatever the person would want.

* Running errands and shopping trips for people. Kind of like a personal shopper.

* Walking pets (and kids I suppose) either during the day or during vacations like Spring Break (however, please don't leave your kids with me over Spring Break). I could visit a couple times a day to let your pets out while you're away. I worked for the government, so I'm trustworthy with your valuables. My days of taking an hour and a half lunch on your dime are over.

* Run-a-thons (I'd want some other participants too, though. Running by myself is boring). Maybe if enough money was donated on a per-mile basis, Todd would run too - he is Dutch, after all. Don't let him fool you either, while he says, "I'm a very inefficient runner," with his long legs, he's faster than me. This is the only time I'll admit this - EVER, and I'll deny it from here on after. He bought running Teva's from Ebay, and when I mocked him for not being a runner, but purchasing running Teva's, he said, "I am going running!" Then he proceeded to go out our back door and ran around the back yard with our dog.

* South Korean ethnic dinner fundraiser. This would take a bit of work, but would probably be a lot of fun. People could buy tickets, and I could make authentic South Korean cuisine. I've heard of people hosting a dinner and then having a bake auction for dessert. Each person (or couple) attending brings a dessert to sell. It is auctioned off, and then people eat their items.

* Make and sell prayer/scripture chains. I made one of these for myself a while back. I put a person's name on a piece of colored paper and write the scripture that reminds me of this person on the other side - either just the scripture, or the scripture in prayer form, or both. Then I laminated them and put them on a sturdy ring. During my prayer time, I simply keep flipping the papers and pray for myself, as well as my family and friends. I love mine, and if you want me to make you one, just let me know!

* Have a raffle. It seems easy enough to manage. Find 20 people who commit to selling 20 raffle tickets for $5. Ask for an item to be donated or purchase a $100 to $200 item to raffle off.

KEEP COMING WITH IDEAS!!

1 comment:

Sarah Zuidema said...

I love your blog you guys! I am laughing so hard reading it- Erica you have a great sense of humor and really good writing skills : )