Apparently everyone likes Lila for a girl name and none of the other options. Hazel was runner up with 2 votes (one being mine). Erica got one vote, and I'm pretty sure it was from my mother (thanks, Ma, but it doesn't really count coming from you). Also, Eileen got one vote. Again, I'm pretty sure that was from my very Irish mother, whose aunt (please pronounce "aunt" correctly, so no one confuses her with an insect) was named Eileen. Eleanor - poor Eleanor, no one's really interested in that name. I can't say I truly blame anyone, but it kind of makes me want to pick it out of spite. For your information, Eleanor is a hybrid to name the child after my Aunt Ellen and my mother Norma. Now y'all feel bad, don't ya?
I always pictured my little Latin American daughter being called Lila Helene after Todd's dad, Lyle, and his grandma, Helene (or Helena, I should know which one it is, but Helene sounds better with Lila, so we're going with that). I also always pictured my little Asian daughter being called Hazel Ruth after Todd's mom, Ruth. Hazel's just a bonus name I like because there's a "z" in it. Honestly, how many names do you know have a "z" in them? I think, however, due to Todd's grandma's age and health, we might have to switch them up and name our Asian daughter Lila Helene, and if, God willing, we adopt from Latin America, name that daughter Hazel Ruth.
We'll let you know. Again, nothing is set in stone, and this is just the short list.
I like these polls, they're fun. If you have any ideas for a new poll, let me know and we'll put it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment