Sunday, September 13, 2009

Newest Photo of Lewis


Here is another picture. So I guess this really is his foster mother, which is awesome. I should send him some of our pictures...hmmm...that's a thought. She just looks like such a beautiful person!


Anyway, we had a bit of a scare this past week because we got a letter from Customs that said the approximate wait time for our paperwork is 3 months. We were a little saddened to hear this when we were thinking Octoberish and whatnot. I emailed my caseworker and asked her how realistic that time frame was. She said not to worry, and that they always say that. So that's a little bit of a relief. We really need him to be here now - not just because he's so doggone cute, but it would help on the taxes :)


So yeah, his hair appears to be growing quite lengthy. If the foster care system is anything like the states, then his foster mother might not be allowed to cut his hair. She can as far as I'm concerned. I know, though here in the US, foster families aren't allowed to without consent - and even then, I'm not so sure. Anyway, I thought you'd enjoy it.


The dog was one of Audreys and she decided, "I don't really like this dog, so I'll give it to Lewis." Very kind of her. I did buy her a book about how great little brothers are - I should start reading that to her more frequently, apparently. The outfits you see are from his Grandma Coni. They have the picture of Audrey on the back that we sent out for announcements, and it says something to the effect of, "This is my big sister."


CAN'T WAIT TO BRING HIM BACK! I just want to squeeze him, he's getting so big!!

No comments: