Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Blanket
So I'm attempting to make a blanket for Lewis. My "new" sewing machine came with a table, so the machine folds down into itself. I can't figure out how to get it out. I also don't have any pins to pin the material together to sew it. I find that I often do this. I just dive right in with an idea and come across all these obsticles and sit there baffled as to why in the world things aren't easier than they are. Because in MY mind, it should be perfectly simple to make a blanket. Mind you, I've never made one before, but that shouldn't be a problem, right? I've watched my mother make one, I went to college, I consider myself relatively smart. But no, all that college education can't help me when I can't figure out how to get my sewing machine out of its self-made cage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You make me laugh! I'm impressed that you have a sewing machine! I would LOVE to have one (although, I too, have no idea how to sew). That being said, I have already made learning how to sew (may it just be mending and hand sewing) one of my goals after becoming a SAHM :) Maybe we can learn together!
I would LOVE to learn how to sew for real! My next adventure is going to sew a quilt for Audrey out of her baby clothes. I know there are quilting classes galore out there, so maybe in a year or so when I'm for sure not going to have any more kids, then I'll start her quilt.
Hi Erica, Uncle Bob now has your blog on his computer so he can follow your family. PS I talked to Norma & Wendell last night, they haven't mailed their card yet.
Post a Comment