So here's the deal. Right now, Lewis is getting his Visa appointment and his medical apointment set up. Once those are set up, Korea will call and tell Bethany we are cleared for travel. Usually families are traveling or about to travel before or during those appointments. In which case we would not get the medical update on Lewis until we get to Korea.
Korea will call and say that it wants us there on a certain date. That is the date we can meet Lewis and talk to his foster mother that day. The next day we can go sightseeing (Lewis will be at his foster mother's house). The day after that Lewis will be ours to take home and we may travel back the next day. Apparently you usually can't travel back the day you get your child, but honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to. I don't mind waiting until the next day to travel.
It is true that we get only 5-10 days notice. So theoretically we could get a call tomorrow and Korea could say that they want us there next Thursday.
Pray that he comes soon. I'm getting a titch anxious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so glad to see that you are so close! You have been on my mind - can't wait to hear that you are on your way! love, Amy, Brad, and Bennett
i think i found the problem. If we are waiting for sweet Lew to set up his visa apt. and med apt. we might wait a long time! He looks small and may have trouble communicating or maybe people just dont take him seriously!I think someone should go help him.
Post a Comment