Sunday, August 9, 2009
Theological Questions From a Kindergartener
Audrey and I were just talking about Heaven and Hell. We were discussing her Children in Worship story about being a fisher of men. She didn't understand what that title meant. I, being the good Reformed Baptist tried my best to explain it to her. She was asking very good questions. One of which was, "Is there sin in Heaven?" I said that there was no sin, or crying, or pain in Heaven. She said, "Because God is there?" I indicated that that was correct. She then said in a very matter of fact way, "Well, I can make myself cry." What does one say to that?! I told her that that was kind of like lying, so you shouldn't make yourself cry. We continued on the conversation which included many questions about what Satan looked like, is Satan mean, and why did Jesus go to Hell for us. Then she came up with, "Is Satan like Batman's friends?" You have to realize that all of her cousins love playing Batman. They have the action heroes and figurines. Audrey just plays along with them. I asked her what she meant by her question and she clarified, "Well, Joker's mean, and Satan's mean. Is Satan like that Joker?" I told her he was worse than the Joker and her eyes became huge. Apparently the Joker is the worst being she's ever come across.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment